I am a No Bake Cookieaholic, apparently. I can’t even tell you how many batches I have made in recent months. There is something about the texture, and flavor, and smell, that makes me fall of the health wagon EVERY time. As we speak there is a batch setting on the counter, and I am so excited.
That being said, I have been trying hard to be healthy. I was exercising daily, but I’ve sort of slacked off on that again, and I have been making and drinking thick, chunky, and disgustingly healthy green drinks every day. I’ve sort of gotten to the point where my body craves them, and they really don’t taste half bad. I’ve settled on a 4 ingredient recipe, that contains oodles of spinach, an apple, half a lemon, and a bunch of water. Mmmm, tangy health. ;)
Back to cookies. If you haven’t had a batch of No Bake Cookies lately you should, these cookies are yummy, and yummy is good.
(And they contain peanut butter and oats, so how bad can they be, really. ;) )
BTW, here is the recipe that I use.
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let cool until hardened.